[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 14:29:44 UTC 2014

On 9/19/2014 6:55 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 2:45 AM, Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> My goal is for a functional drop-in replacement with only a URL or host file
>> change.  The JSON service will be faster, and have more info.  My goal is
>> the low bar of "functional". :)
>>
> Does the goal include getting this into the mythtv sources?  I'm just
> trying to understand whether this effort is completely independent of
> mythtv, or part of it.
I think you are getting the two solutions confused.  My solution is a low-end replacement for the data direct service.  There is no software change on
the client side, only a /etc/host or hostname change (which I guess could be in the mythTV sources).

Neither RobertK nor I are MythTV devs,  what features/solutions get added to MythTV aren't our decision.

Robert (E)