[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 06:45:27 UTC 2014

On 9/19/2014 1:18 AM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> This is why I asked about Robert Eden's comment (in the forum
> announcement) that a service is also being developed to mimic the
> DataDirect feed.  (I'm hesitant to migrate this thread to the -dev
> list or ask him directly, since that feels a bit pushy, and I don't
> even know if he's the developer who might be working on this or if
> it's someone else, if anyone.  And asking about schedule for a
> software project is always fraught.  :)
I'll come down from my high horse and visit you guys. :)  Seriously, ask away, I don't bite (often).

The code I'm working on is much less refined than RobertK's work.

It works with XMLTV's tv_grab_na_dd for me, and the XMLTV generated is similar.   A test with another app revealed problems,  but I think those have
been fixed (I haven't heard).    I expect to have it ready for more widespread testing next week.  (Drop me a private email if you want to be one of
the first!)

My goal is for a functional drop-in replacement with only a URL or host file change.  The JSON service will be faster, and have more info.  My goal is
the low bar of "functional". :)

Robert