[mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythTV grabber for Schedules Direct JSON service now available

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Sep 19 06:18:03 UTC 2014

On 19.09.2014 05:51, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

> I have code that queries thetvdb and tvrage so that the metadata can
> be cross-checked and expanded. But that won't happen until things
> stabilize.

that was what I had in mind:
schema version 1322 added inetref to the program table.
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp#L2640

and I have added the tvdb series id to my guide together with code to
populate that field if the user uses ttvdb.py as their tv grabber.
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/xmltvparser.cpp#L519

The effect is that a user picking a series for recording doesn't have
fiddle around with the metadata search to connect their rule to the
correct series at thetvdb to get fanart from. Instead the match is
already there.
In a further step it allows us to experiment with stuff like fanart
based guide views, e.g. using the movie/series banners from fanart.tv.
https://fanart.tv/series/83462/castle-2009/

I was wondering if you are interested in adding support for setting the
inetref to the thetvdb seriesid. Seeing the time line that could be
added after the launch of the new API.

Regards,
Karl