[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Fri Sep 19 00:00:28 UTC 2014

On 9/16/2014 10:26 AM, Justin Alcorn wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Rich Freeman
> <r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
>> I just saw this on the SchedulesDirect forum:
>> http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2577
>
> Thanks, Rich.  I would have missed that.
> --
> Justin B. Alcorn
> PGP Fingerprint A36D D691 C5B0 BE15 5A2A AF49 AA1C 372C

Thanks for the heads up too.  How will this affect those using older
versions of MythTV?  I looked at the beta installation instructions on
the SD forum and they look complicated (ie, probably incompatible with
older MythTV versions).  Upgrading is not a palatable option for some
(many?).  There was some mention of SD maintaining the existing data
stream with once a day updates, but with some information missing that
is there today.  It did not elaborate on what would be missing.

It would be helpful to see support for older MythTV versions, or at
least some documentation and recommendations about what will or will not
work with specific older versions of MythTV (0.21-fixes, 0.22-fixes,
0.23, 0.24, 0.25, 0.26, etc.).  I don't think everyone is running the
latest bleeding edge version of MythTV, or should be forced to do so
just to get listings from SD.

Jay