[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Sep 18 22:32:34 UTC 2014

On 18/09/14 06:15 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Rich Freeman
>> <r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Are the program/episode IDs the same, or will we have to re-create all
>>> our recording schedules after creating lineups/etc.
>>
>> They're the same.
>
> As far as recording schedules, I seem to recall that those are
> associated to the channels based on the "station" on the recording
> schedule which, at least for OTA, is the callsign?  If I remember,
> this caused me issues when a few callsigns changed.  Also, it appears
> that the recording schedules store the chanid, which brings me back to
> my previous question about deleting input sources (and whether it
> deletes channels, which I believe it does).  What happens to recording
> schedules if their associated channels get deleted?

Chanid's are a primary key. If you do not delete your Video Source
entries, the new ones will be higher numbers and your chanid will not be
1002 but 6002 *for the same channel*.  Exactly what you do NOT want.

If you delete all the video sources and recreate them in the new setup
in the same order ( Cable was '1' and is recreated as '1') then the
chanids will be duplicated.

If you KEEP the video source then numbers will all be wrong.

>I could see that
> one getting really ugly in my case:  Because I have channels in my
> database for both NY and Philly (where I have to move my antenna to
> get Philly) I'm forced to use the "This Channel" filter on most
> everything.

Then you should seriously consider following the preferred route...

> Also, Is the history of what's previously recorded all based on the program ids?

I am not sure. I will have to take a look at the database on the mythbox
at home. I know 'Previously Recorded' matching is done at least on on
title+subtitle, but it may use chanid as well somewhere in there (don't
think so, but it could).

              R. Geoffrey Newbury