[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:38:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Rich Freeman
<r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:16 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>> The sources and structures are different, and neither 'knows' anything about
>> the other. Hence the requirement for (re)creating your lineups and linking
>> to your Capture Cards on the new server.
>>

> Are the program/episode IDs the same, or will we have to re-create all
> our recording schedules after creating lineups/etc.
>
> It probably wouldn't hurt to put together a migration guide on the
> wiki before the switchover...
>
> --
> Rich

Agreed.  Another question I'd have is, on an existing OTA setup, can
the existing channels be used?  All my experiences with scanning
channels, even a few recent ones where PIDs changed etc, has been
nothing short of a nightmare.  I've been running my system for seven
year and have never had to delete a video source.  Does that delete
the associated channels?

Also, does anyone know if Joseph is correct in the above post, that
the XML service will continue to work?  That would certainly change
the level of urgency on all this.

Tom