[mythtv-users] after upgrade, frontend can't connect to backend?

Ken Truesdale kentruesdale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:48:22 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Hika van den Hoven
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 12:26 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] after upgrade, frontend can't connect to
backend?

Hoi Ken,

Two thoughts:
- are front and backend both 0.27?
- did the install maybe also add a mysql instance and filled it with
  an empty database? Hence the "FindDatabase() - Success!" statement.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

Hoi Hika,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Good thoughts.  Yes, both are .27.  I don't
believe there was a MythTV upgrade that happened at the same time, but maybe
there was.  Either way, after the upgrade didn't work, I checked the
Software Updater on both backend computer and frontend computer and both
claim that the .27 version is up to date.

As for the mysql, I hadn't considered that since a few lines prior to the
"Success!" the log shows a ping to the right server so I assume the database
success is using that IP.  Just to double check, I did find that mysql
commands are on the frontend (don't know if they were there before) but from
a look at "ps", I don't find any mysql running.