[mythtv-users] 1920x800 videos stretched vertically, cutting off left and right sides

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 18 15:01:43 UTC 2014

On 09/17/2014 09:52 PM, Michael A Weber wrote:
> then had to change the “AdjustFill” value from 6 to 0 in the database itself.  I couldn’t find where it was in the setup, and that was fast.

As it should be***, it's in mythfrontend settings under Video|Playback
Settings.  It's labeled "Zoom" (since it corresponds to the "Adjust
Zoom" menu in playback).

Mike

*** Under our current approach.  Even better would be to completely
remove the "default value for Zoom" (and every other cross-linked
setting-to-specify-a-default-value-for-another-setting) from the
buried-where-no-one-can-find-them-so-people-just-edit-the-database-and-eventually-put-garbage-in-place-so-MythTV-has-to-deal-with-garbage-values-without-crashing
settings pages and modify the during-playback menu to allow you to
choose a value for one-time use and/or specify "set default" on it.