[mythtv-users] Dual DVB-T PCI device

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Sep 17 10:57:07 UTC 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 21:22:39 +0200, you wrote:

>Thanks all,
>
>The "Digital Device Cine C/T" is very expensive and the "Peak DUal
>DV-T" is not available for Spain.
>
>I have 2 x Kworld KW-DVB-T 399U USB devices, both works great if I use
>just one tuner, but in simultaneous tuner mode, the image/audio is
>choppy.
>
>Best regards.

I have a Kworld DVB-T 399U too.  There is an unfixed problem in the
driver.  Some hardware in it is used for both tuners, and the driver
apparently does not lock access to it, so if both tuners need to use
it at the same time, problems happen.  So only one of the tuners can
be used at once.  So you really need to just configure MythTV to only
use one of the dual tuners, which is very annoying as you bought a
dual tuner device in order to be able to use two tuners.  It is now
very unlikely that the bug will ever be fixed.

I also have two of the single tuner version, 395U, and they work very
well - no problems at all.