[mythtv-users] Problem with storage directory on 2nd HDD

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:42:52 UTC 2014

Hoi R.,

> On 16/09/14 11:16 AM, Jonno wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com
>> <mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hoi Hika,
>>
>>     You can try to login as user mythtv (you might have to first set a
>>     password): su mythtv. Then try to go to the directory and try to
>>     create a file: touch test
>>
>> Thanks Hoi, I will try that. I suspect it will work as the backend no
>> longer complains about not being able to create a test file (user =
>> mythtv) whereas the frontend (user = jonno) can't create recording files.

> You might want to try adding both users mythtv and jonno to the group
> video, and 'chown -R video:video recordings`

> Geoff

No, adding them to video is Good, but the recordings should be owned
by user mythtv. Besides a user video probably doesn't exists.
Wether you use the group mythtv or video is in essence arbitrary. The
user running the backend and the frontend though should be member of
video to be able to properly access the capture and video devices.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop