[mythtv-users] nvidia card for 4k display

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:48:17 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 1:01 PM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:
> This monitor is available through Amazon for $339 (and ships Amazon Prime,
> if you've got it!).  I've seen it on Amazon as low as $299 with no rebate.

While this is a nice TV, as a monitor, it has some issues.
There was a discussion by an early adopter at:

  http://tiamat.tsotech.com/4k-is-for-programmers
  http://tiamat.tsotech.com/4k-is-for-programmers-redux

The tradeoffs for the current (cheaper) generation of 4K
monitors is worthwhile for some, a deal breaker for
others.  As with everything tech, there are better
displays (at better prices) coming RSN.  Maybe.
The Seiko has gained a following because it is
available today, and one can see productivity gains
now (not some unknown future).