[mythtv-users] MythTV Install

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 22:49:54 UTC 2014

Hi

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014, Richard Brook <byronf16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Why?? This is an appliance, youaren't supposed ot ever see the desktop.
>
> MythTv may be an appliance to you, but to me it is an application that I
> use to watch LiveTV and record programming. When I am not watching LiveTv
> or recordings, I use a web browser to access Internet sites such as
> YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc., read email, play music, watch DVD's, and
> other such things that utilize audio.

Then don't use xfce or mythbuntu

That's what Nick was referring to. If you want a desktop that can also run
mythtv, then using xfce is clearly not the best choice.

You can of course start from mythbuntu default install and add some more.

But don't complain that mythbuntu doesn't come with some widgets when it
clearly wasn't designed to do that.