[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Mon Sep 15 17:06:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> Uh, seems pretty clear from that post what MythTV's plans are.
>
> <SNIP>
>
> This service is up and running now, and grabbers are available for
> MythTV and SageTV. We also encourage others to develop grabbers for
> their own applications."

That isn't a plan, that is a piece of software.  Nobody who uses
mythtv has it installed unless they went out to that forum and
downloaded it, and there is no assurance by the mythtv development
team that it works, etc.

I'm sure it works fine, and I'm sure that deploying it will be part of
the plan.

I was looking more for something like "we are testing the new grabber
and there is a known issue list here" or "the new grabber will be part
of fixes/0.27 most likely in the next month - existing users don't
need to do anything but upgrade as the change will be transparent" or
something along those lines.

I'm not panicing, I'm just asking what the migration path is.  Since I
package mythtv for a distro, I'd like to also ensure that I'm aligned
with the plan so that the mythtv devs aren't bombarded with odd bugs
because they have a bunch of users who aren't using the software as
intended.

--
Rich