[mythtv-users] Mythtv-Indicator

rdvAndroid@gmail.com rdvandroid at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:35:53 UTC 2014

On 14-09-15 11:08 AM, blisbell . wrote:
> Ok let me start over. mythtv-indicator is made for Ubuntu or Debian.
> Now it works in Arch Linux,someone ported it to the aur.
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mythtv-indicator-bzr/
> This section
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-indicator#Porting_to_a_non-Debian_distro
> .If you want to port the indicator to a non-Debian (Arch
> Linux)distributions the source is available at Launchpad code
> <https://code.launchpad.net/mythtv-indicator>. The dependancies are
> defined by Debian so their names may be different in your distro. No
> one has ever ported it to another distro until now so I was just
> letting it be know so the wiki can be updated.
>

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com
> <mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hoi blisbell,
>
>     Monday, September 15, 2014, 10:52:59 AM, you wrote:
>
>     > I looking, and see do not find it.
>
>     > It's not here http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-indicatoror here
>     >
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-indicator#Porting_to_a_non-Debian_distro.
>     Where are you looking?
>

>     > This is the Arch wiki and not here either.
>     > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MythTV
>

>     > On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Hika van den Hoven
>     <hikavdh at gmail.com <mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     > Hoi blisbell,
>     >
>     >Â  Monday, September 15, 2014, 2:53:12 AM, you wrote:
>     >
>     Â >> Just a notice that this has been ported to arch linux if
>     anyone wants to add it to the wiki.
>     >
>     Â >> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mythtv-indicator-bzr/
>     >
>     >Â  If you look good at it; the upstream url is on the wiki!!
>     >
>     >Â  Tot mails,
>     >    Hika                          Â
>     mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com <mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com>
>     >
>     What then are you looking for? At
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-indicatoror there is a whole
>     description of it with links. It only is not certified for 0.27.
>

>     Tot mails,
>       Hika
>     mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com <mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com>
>
>     "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>     Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>     Het eeuwige dilemma
>     Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
>     De lerende Mens

Cool, I didn't know anyone used the indicator other than myself and one
person who contacted me a long time ago. Last week I upgraded to Ubuntu
14.04 and found that the PPA for both the MythTV-Indicator and Lossless
Cut have not been updated for releases above Ubuntu 13.04 so you cannot
use the PPA. The debs and source both work without changes.

I have updating the launchpad PPA and the Wiki on my To Do list but if
you want to add a comment and the Arch Linux URL to the wiki page go
right ahead.

Doug