[mythtv-users] mythvideo import hashes all files to QUERY_FILE_HASH

Steve Magnani user.serviceable at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 14:26:25 UTC 2014

On 09/13/2014 06:04 AM, Philipp Matthias Hahn wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 08:43:15PM -0500, Steve Magnani wrote:
>> Yesterday I finally got around to converting some of my DVDs to files with
>> handbrake so MythTV could manage them. But I'm finding that when I run
>> *mythutil --scanvideos*, mythvideo thinks they are all the same file because
>> they all hash to QUERY_FILE_HASH.
> Me too.
>
> See <https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10500>.

Thanks Philipp for the pointer. Will have to remember to check TRAC
before posting.

When I was browsing the code I saw a ::FileHash() routine, which I
assume is what's supposed to be invoked on the master backend (I only
have the one) in this case. So I can look into how the code is deciding
to call RemoteFile::GetFileHash() instead. Given that this issue is
quite old I can also think about why it might have worked in May vs.
failing now.

Regards,

   Steven J. Magnani               "I claim this network for MARS!

   www.digidescorp.com              Earthling, return my space modulator!"

   #include <standard.disclaimer>