[mythtv-users] additional drive

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 20:36:36 UTC 2014

Hoi Daryl,

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi Daryl,
>

>  Thursday, September 11, 2014, 6:21:19 PM, you wrote:
>

 >> On Sep 11, 2014 11:51 AM, "Mike Perkins"
 >> <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

 >>> Not entirely. Don't forget he was left in the situation where both drives were already mounted to the same mount point.
 >>>
 >>> Changing the fstab won't necessarily fix that situation by itself. You would have to unmount in the reverse sequence with obvious potential for further errors so rebooting was the quickest and surest way to fix the situation.
 >>>
 >>> --
 >>>
 >>> Mike Perkins

 >> Because both drives had the same mount point I couldn't unmount in
 >> any order, so I changed fsftab then rebooted.
>

> Actually you could have by running twice (or untill it said there
>  wasn't anything mounted there) sudo umount /media/storage.
>  But rebooting is saver and more secure, for you then return it to the
>  default state.
>

>  Tot mails,
>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
>  "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>  Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>  Het eeuwige dilemma
>  Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
>  De lerende Mens

> I still need a little more clarification. Currently recordings etal
> go to /media/storage/mythtv due to a link my son installed last
> year: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Aug 26 10:41 /var/lib/mythtv ->
> /media/storage/mythtv, is it more standard to move the

This says that, as I first assumed, that /var/lib/mythtv is no
directory but a simlink to /media/storage/mythtv! So everything you
see in there actually already is in /media/storage/mythtv. Since you
said that in the storage groups it all points to /media/storage/mythtv
or its subdirectories all you should do is change the homedirectory
from the user mythtv as I said earlier.

> /var/lib/mythtv directory to the drive /media/storage? If that is
> the case, then how would I move the same directory to two drives?

You can't. The home directory will be /media/storage/mythtv and in the
storagegroups you add the equivalents on /media/storage2.

> When I try to add another path to storage directories I'm told that
> the directory can't be written to(or some such) and do I want to go
> back and fix this? So I delete the recent change. I've tried
> "/media/storage2/mythtv" and "/media/storage2/mythtv/recordings"
> same result, they look writeable to me:

> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ls -l /media/storage2
> total 20
> drwx------ 2 root   root 16384 Aug 27 12:54 lost+found
> drwxrwxr-x 3 mythtv root  4096 Sep 11 08:33 mythtv

> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ls -l /media/storage2/mythtv
> total 4
> drwxrwxr-x 2 mythtv root 4096 Sep 11 08:33 recordings

> What can I do to get to a standard setup using the two 1Tb drives for recordings etal?
> Also with Precise, recordings went into a recordings directory in
> the mythtv dir. now in Trusty they go into the mythtv dir along side
> the recordings, videos, fan art, etcetera dir's, is that because of
> the follwoing ownership?: drwxrwxr-x 15 ntp  mythtv  4096 Sep 11 07:31 mythtv

What are the directories at present set for: Default, LiveTV, Videos,
Trailers, Coverart, Fanart, Screenshots and Banners?

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com