[mythtv-users] Deleting orphaned recording entries

James Peroulas james at peroulas.com
Thu Sep 11 06:07:59 UTC 2014

> On 10/09/14 05:49, James Peroulas wrote:
> > I run find_orphans.py, select 'delete orphaned recording entries' and it
> > then proceeds to delete 2-10 of these recordings and then simply stops
> > deleting them. In other words, repeatedly selecting 'Refresh list' from
> > find_orphans.py shows the Count of orphaned recordings decreasing by
> > 2-10, and then this value stops decreasing.
> >
> > Is there another way to delete these orphaned recordings?

> Give it some time to delete these recordings. If you keep running
> find_orphans.py in quick succession you will only see that it finished
> deleting a few recordings. Depending on your filesytem and settings in
> mythtv it will take some time to delete them. Just let it do it's job
> and check again in a few hours.

Hi all, thanks for your suggestions. Some clarification:

The steps I'm taking are:
1) Reboot MythTV computer
2) Run find_orphans.py
3) Select "delete orphaned recording entries" (only one time!)
4) Select "refresh list" (repeatedly)

When I select "refresh list" repeatedly, in the beginning, I do observe the
"orphaned recording" count decreasing, slowly. However, after decreasing by
2-10 entries, it stops decreasing further, even if I wait for hours...
Hours later, if I select "delete orphaned recording entries" again, it
deletes a few more before again stopping...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James

--
*Integrity is a binary state - either you have it or you don’t.* - John
Doerr