[mythtv-users] no channels found HDHR3-4DC

Dennis Alders dennis.alders at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:34:38 UTC 2014

Janusz,

On Wednesday, September 10, 2014, Janusz S. Bien <jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl>
wrote:

> Quote/Cytat - Dennis Alders <dennis.alders at gmail.com> (Wed 10 Sep 2014
> 11:53:56 AM CEST):
>
> [...]
>
>  I still got randomly either the option to do a Scan Type Full
>> Scan and select a country vs. a Scan Type Full Scan in combination with
>> Frequency Table, Modulation, and Scanning Range.
>>

> I observe the same behaviour in two of my installations.
>
> On Debian sid I have
>
> MythTV Version: 9d871a9
> MythTV Branch: fixes/0.27
>
> and on Debian jessie
>
> MythTV Version : v0.27.3
>
> from
>
> Package: mythtv-backend
> Version: 0.27.3+fixes20140825-dmo2
>

>  One interesting option
>> available was the Scan Type import
>>

> I also noticed this option.
>
>  channel.conf. this would allow me to for
>> example define the symbolrate.
>>

> Unfortunately it is not channel.conf which is imported, but - if I
> understand correctly - the results of earlier scans done by MythTV.

There are two kinds of import, one of them is called channel.conf in mythtv
0.26. The other the results of earlier scans, but what this means I do not
know.

>  This would potentially fill the mysql
>> database with the proper tables.
>>

> It can be done directly and easily (?) in mysql, it is just necessary to
> know which fields in which tables are to be filled.

I already checked, some tables do not yet exist in mysql, therefore I
prefer not to take this route, since it will be hard to debug.

>  The question would then be howto get this
>> info into my current 0.27 based mysql database? Maybe the Scan Type option
>> import an existing scan could enable this? Anyone who knows howto save an
>> existing scan and what the format should be?
>>

> There is also an option of adding a channel on the Channel Editor screen,
> but it seems very limited and inappropriate for the problem.

Indeed, and the mythweb interface no longer works in 0.27; one cannot save
your modifications.

Dennis