[mythtv-users] Deleting orphaned recording entries

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Sep 10 10:55:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, 9 Sep 2014 21:49:49 -0700, you wrote:

>I left MythTV running with my HDHomerun disconnected for a couple of months
>and this produced about 1800 orphaned recordings (my bad...).
>
>I run find_orphans.py, select 'delete orphaned recording entries' and it
>then proceeds to delete 2-10 of these recordings and then simply stops
>deleting them. In other words, repeatedly selecting 'Refresh list' from
>find_orphans.py shows the Count of orphaned recordings decreasing by 2-10,
>and then this value stops decreasing.
>
>Is there another way to delete these orphaned recordings?
>
>JP

It probably is actually deleting them.  Deleting now is done by moving
recordings to the delete queue, from where they are actually deleted
some time later.  find_orphans.py has not been adjusted for this
behaviour yet, so it lists things that are already in the delete
queue.  You can go to Information Center > System Status > AutoExpire
List.  At the top of that list should be all the things that are in
the delete queue but not yet deleted.  They can be deleted immediately
from there if you want to by hitting Enter on each one for the delete
menu.  But if you just wait, they should be deleted automatically in a
few minutes.