[mythtv-users] no channels found HDHR3-4DC

Dennis Alders dennis.alders at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:53:56 UTC 2014

Karl,

On Wednesday, September 10, 2014, Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>
wrote:

> On 10.09.2014 07:59, Dennis Alders wrote:
>
>> Yes,  they provide unencrypted channels. All my tv sets make use of
>> this, and as stated in my first e-mail HDHR3-4DC works on linux using
>> the hdhomerun_config_ui application in combination with vlc.
>> Unfortunately, I am only interested in the combination HDHR3-4DC with
>> mythtv, making it a very expensive brick.
>>

> There is a report from Denmark with the suggestion that MythTV may not
> be up to using the DVB-C only HDHR and might need modification. But
> Kenni also hints how it should work based on DVB-T.
> http://www.mythtv.dk/viewtopic.php?id=534

I guess their problems were solved by bug
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3640 and
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7486. Mythtv 0.27 now allows one to
enter the network id in Video Soure. It appearently also works for Ziggo in
combination with a DVB-C card. Would be nice to know if it also works with
Ziggo in combination with a networked HDHR solution?

After looking at http://www.silicondust.com/support/instructions/dvb-c/
> my thoughts relating DVB-C mostly apply only to USB/PCI adapters.
>
> Looks like you have to configure your device to a8qam64-6875 (see the
> end of the instructions) and then scan the frequency in MythTV. That is
> based on the two links above.

Yes, I know but I cannot configure the symbolrate.

> I have not yet seen any logs of mythtv-setup, does it contain anything
> useful?

No there is nothing useful in the logs.

I went through the trouble to install mythtv 0.26, to check whether it
would provide me different configuration options. Indeed I can confirm that
there was no option yet to enter the network id in Video Source. In input
connections I still got randomly either the option to do a Scan Type Full
Scan and select a country vs. a Scan Type Full Scan in combination with
Frequency Table, Modulation, and Scanning Range. One interesting option
available was the Scan Type import channel.conf. this would allow me to for
example define the symbolrate. This would potentially fill the mysql
database with the proper tables. The question would then be howto get this
info into my current 0.27 based mysql database? Maybe the Scan Type option
import an existing scan could enable this? Anyone who knows howto save an
existing scan and what the format should be?

Dennis