[mythtv-users] ITX motherboard to replace dead Zotac ION?

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Tue Sep 9 13:55:03 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 09:00:19AM +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:

> Title says it all really. Frontend died, spare frontend also died. Both
> were Zotac IONITX-B N230 Atom boards.
>
> Reusing the case & PSU but new otherwise, does anyone have any
> recommendations? AMD 5150 CPU on an Asus AM1I-A m/b perhaps? No idea what
> the video output is like & the audio I'd have to split out from the HDMI
> as I use SPDIF at present.
>
> Other ideas?

I'm considering the ASRock Q2900-ITX board.  They are quad core, have
optical S/PDIF, 4 SATA, 1 PCIe 1x, Gigabit Ethernet, support 16GB RAM.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q2900-ITX/

They also have the Q2900-M with a PCIe16x slot, 2 SATA and some other
minor differences.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q2900M/

Pat