[mythtv-users] no channels found HDHR3-4DC

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 13:12:06 UTC 2014

Hoi Dennis,

> Hello Janusz,

> When selecting Input Connections -> Connect source to input -> Scan for
>  channels, Scan type Full scan (Tuned) I sometimes get the screen with
>  the fields:
>
>  Frequency
>  Polarity
>  Symbol Rate
>  FEC
>  Inversion
>
>  and sometime a different screen with the fields
>
>  Frequency
>  Symbol Rate
>  Inversion
>  Modulation
>  FEC
>
>  It seems that the second screen is presented when the scan with the
>  first screen fails, but perhaps the rule is more sophisticated.
>
>  Anyway, have you reached the second screen and selected 'QAM 64' in the
>  field 'Modulation'?

> It looks to me like we are using different versions of mythtv
> (fixes/0.27(v0.27-212-gb93fb14)). However, we both experience
> inconsistent behavior in the screen presentation and options. In
> most cases I am presented with a screen which allows a Full Scan
> with the option to select your country. Unfortunately,  the
> Netherlands is not in the list. I have tried selecting a number of
> neighboring countries without any luck. Occasionally there is no
> country selection, instead there are options to scan the Cable (and
> some other options I cannot reproduce), together with Modulation,
> and channel range. Here I used qam64. This leads to a lot of scanning without results.

> Scan type Full Scan (Tuned) has different fields compared to yours
> (but in my case the options are consistent and reproducible):

> Frequency

> Bandwidth

> Inversion

> Constellation

> LP Coderate

> HP Coderate

> Trans. Mode

> Guard Interval

> Hierarchy

> I leave all of them at auto except for frequency (304000000) and constellation (qam64).

>  The field 'Symbol Rate' was also filled approprietely?

> I have never had an option to fill in the Symbol Rate anywhere.
> This sounds interesting! Maybe this is my problem?

>  Actually I don't remember what I had actually done to tune succesfully
>  for the first time and had problems to reproduce it on a test virtual
>  machine, the scan was finding only some of the channels :-( However just a moment ago
>  instead of Full Scan I've selected
>
>  Scan of all existing transports
>  Ignore Signal Timeour
>  Search new Transports

> Scanning transports always stops immediately in my case, it does not scan anything.

> Thanks,
> Dennis

I live in Utrecht and are myself orienting on going digital. I found
this link about experiences with UPC and the Silicondust HDHomeRun HDHR3-EU - DVB-T/C combi
the older dual channel version both under Windows and Linux.

http://tweakers.net/productreview/82240/silicondust-hdhomerun-hdhr3-eu-dvb-t-c-combi.html

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven