[mythtv-users] no channels found HDHR3-4DC

Janusz S. Bien jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Tue Sep 9 11:23:20 UTC 2014

Quote/Cytat - Dennis Alders <dennis.alders at gmail.com> (Mon 08 Sep 2014
09:27:14 AM CEST):

> Hello Janusz,
>
> Have you specified QAM? In my case there were two problems:
>>
>> 1. The field for entering Modulation is not always displayed, I don't
>> know why.  2. I find nothing with Modulation AUTO, I have to specify
>> it explicitely.
>>

> Yes I did specify the modulation explcitly as described in my e-mail:
> "The parameters I use are required by the provider: frequency 304000000
> Hz, and qam-64."

When selecting Input Connections -> Connect source to input -> Scan for
channels, Scan type Full scan (Tuned) I sometimes get the screen with
the fields:

Frequency
Polarity
Symbol Rate
FEC
Inversion

and sometime a different screen with the fields

Frequency
Symbol Rate
Inversion
Modulation
FEC

It seems that the second screen is presented when the scan with the
first screen fails, but perhaps the rule is more sophisticated.

Anyway, have you reached the second screen and selected 'QAM 64' in the
field 'Modulation'?

The field 'Symbol Rate' was also filled approprietely?

Actually I don't remember what I had actually done to tune succesfully
for the first time and had problems to reproduce it on a test virtual
machine, the scan was finding only some of the channels :-( However
just a moment ago
instead of Full Scan I've selected

Scan of all existing transports
Ignore Signal Timeour
Search new Transports

and look like it found all the channels.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)