[mythtv-users] MCC woes

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 23:00:06 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> <snip>
> >
> > I've also stumbled across this:
> >
> >  daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ cat /var/log/mcc.log
> > daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$
> >
> > opening that file with the files launcher, shows a blank file.

> Sorry for the late reply on this. Can you verify that
>
> 1) you have a version prior to 2.6.3 of mythbuntu-bare installed 'dpkg
> -l mythbuntu-bare'
>
> and
>
> 2a) If you are on a prior version, can you verify if the issue still
> exists when you upgrade to 2.6.3 (see
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mythbuntu-bare/2.6.3 )
>
> or
>
> 2b) If you are already on 2.6.3, can you post the steps you take to
> produce the error.
>
> If you install version 2.6.3 and it resolves the issue, can you post
> that the issue is resolved in 2.6.3 here
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/1327422

No problem Thomas:

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ dpkg -l mythbuntu-bare

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                       Version            Architecture
Description
un  mythbuntu-bare             <none>             <none>             (no
description available)

Above seems to suggest that I am not using bare. I have a clean install of
14.04 with mythtv 0.27.3 fixes, I've installed MCC on my previous 12.04
/myth 0.27.3 and on the current system as a convenient way of handling
things. Should I be looking to the command line to schedule db backups?