[mythtv-users] UK, Mainly Crystal Palace re-channeling...Channel Renumber Script

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 13:58:26 UTC 2014

Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:

> I did this return last week but mythtv has since then missed a couple
> of recordings on BBC1. Do I need to delete and recreate any regular
> recordings?

You shouldn't need to - but it depends on how you set them up.

If you use "record at any time on any channel" then nothing changes. If you use "record on this channel" then it may matter*. If you use channel callsigns in power recording rules and a callsign changes then you'll need to update the rule.

* Does "this channel" use channel number, callsign, or something else ?