[mythtv-users] scheduler confusion

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:28:28 UTC 2014

> On 8 Sep 2014, at 8:07 pm, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/05/2014 06:50 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> I see the same behaviour as Stephen. At the time I expected it to work the
>> way Mike described but that was not what I was seeing in practice (Dec 13 /
>> Jan 14) hence the earlier threads. Nor what it seemed others were seeing in
>> practice.
>>
>> I still don't see the behaviour as described by Mike. It only takes three
>> straightforward recordings to demonstrate. In the below example there are no
>> other subsequent recordings until 8 o'clock so with just three recordings I
>> can get the same multiplex (ABC2 and ABC3 are the same multiplex) to tie up
>> two physical tuners where each physical tuner is setup for five multirec:
>
> Then, assuming you don't have any Input Priorities nor Preferred input priority (and haven't set a Preferred Input on the recording rule), I'm guessing you've broken multirec by enabling:
>
> Avoid back to back recordings
> Selects the situations where the scheduler will avoid assigning shows to the same card if their end time and start time match. This will be allowed when necessary in order to resolve conflicts.
>
> (setting it to either Always or Different Channels).
>
> Mike

It took a bit of looking but I found Mythfrontend / Setup / Video / Recording Priorities / Set Recording Priorities / Avoid back to back recordings. It is currently set to Never but has options Different Channels and Always.

I checked two frontends and both had the value set to Never.

In that same menu area there was Set Channel Recording Priorities which had all channels set to 0, and Custom Priority but no existing rules.

I also checked MythTV-setup / 5.input connections / each card and checked that all input priorities are still set to 0.

All the recording rules were new and the Preferred Input is set to 'Any'.