[mythtv-users] Problems with Ceton PCIe

Justin Moore justin.nonwork at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 23:31:40 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Justin Moore <justin.nonwork at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Where does it say that
> > these session IDs should always be 8+ characters?
>
> RFC 2326.(RTSP)
> [snip]
> That is an IETF MUST, which means absolutely,
> positively, and not at all optionally.
>
> So, if the Ceton code  is returning a session id less
> than 8 characters, it is not conforming to the
> specification.
>
> I would imagine that you can run wireshark
> on the pseudo network interface and collect
> the actual stream.  That would allow you to
> see if it is Ceton or MythTV that is not
> compliant to the specifications.

::slaps forehead:: Of course. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

One wireshark run later and the Ceton is to blame. Network capture shows it
returning apparently-random session IDs, none of which are 8 characters or
more.

One other oddity I noticed: I bought a Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe version, the
box says PCIe version, and it's plugged into a PCIe slot, but it appears to
be running "Latest Firmware Image for Ethernet infiniTV (13.5.6.132)". Has
anyone else reported a Ceton PCIe claiming to run the Ceton ETH firmware?

Thanks,
-jdm