[mythtv-users] Problems with Ceton PCIe

Justin Moore justin.nonwork at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:58:40 UTC 2014

TL;DR version:

Ceton locks, tunes, but returns an apparently-invalid session ID, and
Mythbackend gives up at

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/recorders/cetonrtsp.cpp#L435

Longer version:

I recently got the Ceton InfiniTV PCIe 6, and like some other people here
I'm having problems getting it to work. I'm seeing the dreaded "TL__" hang
when I try to watch TV. As far as I can tell, the CableCARD is paired and
working just fine. When I check the "CableCARD" tab of the Ceton status, I
see the "Card Authorization" is

"Validated, validation message is received, authenticated, and the IDs
match those in the current binding."

When I set a channel on tuner One via the web interface and do

cat /dev/ceton/ctn91xx_mpeg0_0 | mplayer -cache 8192

I get a picture with video and sound.

I restarted my backend with "-v record,channel" and try to watch Live TV,
it seems to make it all the way through right up to the point where it
tries to get a session ID.

CetonStreamHandler recorders/cetonrtsp.cc:435 (Setup) - CetonRTSP(rtsp://
192.168.200.1:8554/cetonmpeg0): invalid session id received

Looking at that file it appears that the session ID is non-empty, but less
than eight characters long:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/recorders/cetonrtsp.cpp#L435

When I look at the log on my device's webserver, everything appears to be
fine: it sets the channel, it gets a lock, it gets the PMT for the program,
it finds the CCI data (set to CCI 00), and it appears to stream it.

So from what I can tell the problem is on the Mythbackend side of things.
Could someone who's running a version compiled from source and who has a
Ceton PCIe print out the value of a valid session ID? Where does it say
that these session IDs should always be 8+ characters?

Thanks,
-jdm