[mythtv-users] Trusty upgrade (apache 2.4) has broken mythweb - SOLVED

eric millham emillham at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 16:57:45 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 12:04 PM, eric millham <emillham at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/05/2014 12:34 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 3:57 PM, eric millham <emillham at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Karl, I'm not sure how to tell that. I can barely spell apache. Could you

>>> Unfortunately I have no experience with Ubuntu in any flavor so I don't
>>> know where to tell you to look. I'm hoping some other users who have
>>> encountered and solved your problem will chime in here.
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> Eric,
>>
>> Here's what my mods-enabled directory looks like on my *Mythbuntu*
>> 14.04 backend:
>>
>>     http://pastebin.com/WmqSi96z
>>
>> Looking at my 14.04 *Ubuntu* host, the following 2 mods are not enabled:
>>
>>     auth_basic
>>     rewrite.load
>>
>> Do: sudo a2enmod auth_basic and/or sudo a2enmod rewrite
>> if yours are missing.
>>
>> --
>> Bill
>

> First, thanks everyone for the help so far!
> Bill, I have all those mods PLUS a bunch of mod_mono-xxxx mods.
> Could those be interfering somehow?
> It's interesting that when I first started debugging the issue I would get
> the login to come up and after that a blank screen. Now I don't get the
> login and get a file list. And of course I didn't write down the gazillion
> things I've tried. ;-(
>
> Eric

Ok, I found the remaining issues:
1) Mythweb was moved from /var/www to /var/www/html during the upgrade. But
the old one was left in place. That lead to a lot of confusion on my part.
I changed the myweb.conf file to use /var/www/html path in a couple places
and it executed the digest file. Then I could not login.
2) I had the wrong realm specified in the digest command. I found this in
the apache error log. I added my user to the same realm as in the config
file and all is well.

Thanks again!