[mythtv-users] scheduler confusion

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 5 12:25:18 UTC 2014

On 09/05/2014 07:52 AM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> To be honest I don't think the ordering is causing your problem, but the recommendation is that if all the tuners are equally functional then that should be reflected in the order priority.

Though not all having the same value.  If you have 4 physical capture
devices, all equally functional and equivalent to one another, you
should set them up as having schedule orders of 1, 2, 3, and 4.  Then,
you would likely choose Live TV order of 4, 3, 2, 1 to ensure you take
the least-likely-to-be-chosen-for-recordings device first when you enter
Live TV (so it's also the least likely to be already locked to a mux).

Choosing exactly the same schedule order value for the different
physical devices may break multirec placement efficiency.

Mike