[mythtv-users] UK, Mainly Crystal Palace re-channeling...Channel Renumber Script

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Thu Sep 4 20:42:51 UTC 2014

On 04.09.2014 20:23, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 04/09/14 18:12, Karl Dietz wrote:
>> On 04.09.2014 17:15, Mike Perkins wrote:
>>>
>>> The OP's script needs to also update the xmltvid fields. In my (painful)
>>> experience this job takes the longest, especially since the xmltv team
>>> have now made it so hard to get hold of a definitive list.
>>
>> What have we done? And to which grabber?
>>
> I'm not sure how best to describe this. In the olden days, you selected
> "Freeview" or whatever and you got a config file out which had a line
> for each channel: "channel=bbc1.bbc.co.uk".
>
> I used that file to fill in the xmltvids in the database, thus ensuring
> that both were in step and I only got the information I needed. - Any
> mismatch meant that mythfilldatabase *inserted* extra unwanted channels
> in the database!
>
> Now all you get is an auto option that doesn't tell you anything. There
> are ways around the problem, but they aren't pretty.
>
> The auto option also mucks around with the database if the channels you
> have don't match what it is expecting, so I have to turn that off and
> supply my own "channel=" lines.

I just tried with _uk_rt and _uk_atlas. Selecting Freeview London
produced the expected channel list for both with the latest version :/

There is also the channel_ids file
http://supplement.xmltv.org/tv_grab_uk_rt/channel_ids or underneath your
.xmltv directory for _uk_rt that can be used to add new channels without
running the whole
configuration again.

Regards,
Karl