[mythtv-users] Video Frame Buffering Failed Too Many Times

Richard Brook byronf16 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 01:44:52 UTC 2014

I have used Ubuntu since Windows Vista was out since I disliked Vista. I
have installed various versions of Ubuntu and Ubuntu Ultimate since then.
Each new version, I would do a clean install. The last version I had on my
PC was 12. I have been using Windows 7 since then. A few months ago I
installed 14.04. I have used MythTV in the past on this same PC. Each time
I did a clean install. This is the first time I have had crashes like this.
I use the Ubuntu OS for the same purposes as I did with Windows 7. There, I
used WinTV 7 with no issues. I use MythTV as my PVR and to watch cable TV.
I record some shows each week. Nothing fancy about the install.

rich at Byronf16:~$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27.3-153-g231972c
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20140719-1
QT Version : 4.8.6
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

rich at Byronf16:~$ df -h
/dev/sdc1       143G   14G  122G  11% /
none            4.0K     0  4.0K   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
udev            2.0G  4.0K  2.0G   1% /dev
tmpfs           396M  1.4M  394M   1% /run
none            5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
none            2.0G   80K  2.0G   1% /run/shm
none            100M   76K  100M   1% /run/user

Rich Brook
Secretary - RCCR
byronf16 at gmail.com