[mythtv-users] Metadata storage groups not available on remote FE's

Rob Jensen bertaboy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 00:21:18 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 1 September 2014 21:58, Rob Jensen <bertaboy at gmail.com> wrote:
> did you properly set the various storage groups? are they all defined
> in mythtv-setup run one the master backend?

Yes -  I have two storage directories for each storage group except my DB
Backups group (which only has one directory).

> > Oddly enough, the cover art (and other metadata) shows up when I SSH into
> > the backend and when I browse mythweb.
>
> sounds that you have it locally, and not in the actual proper storage
> group.

Turns out I did have the folders also locally defined on the MBE's
frontend, but that doesn't seem to be the issue.  After I remove the local
folders from my server's frontend, I'm still able to see the art locally,
but not remotely.

One observation that I've noted is that the address used for the metadata
differs on the server's frontend vs. the remote frontends.  On the server,
the addresses are along the lines of myth://Coverart@hostname while remote
addresses are myth://Coverart@ipaddress

All frontends are set up to address the MBE by hostname, so I'm confused
why this dialog changes the address.  When I change the address on remote
frontends to myth://Coverart@hostname, the storage directories appear.  I
will file a bug report.

Thank you,
Rob