[mythtv-users] one recording keeps failing

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Tue Sep 2 12:39:33 UTC 2014

On 2/09/2014 9:02 PM, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 12:57:36AM +1000, blind Pete wrote:
>> On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 00:18:49 +1000
>> Michael Watson <michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au> wrote:

>>> Reception issue?  One tuner is possibly "better" than the other.
>> [snip]
>>
>> On a single dual tuner card?  It is possible that one is broken, or
>> that the signal splitter is uneven.  If the antenna connections are
>> swapped does the unreliable tuner move?
>>
> The card has only one antenna connection.
> I had the antenna tested and a couple of months ago and the masthead
> amplifier was replaced and a new power injector installed. The signal
> strength (according to a proper DTV signal analyser) is decent but
> not 'perfect'.

Most (if not all) dual tuners have two separate tuners on board, and an
internal splitter.  It is very possible that one tuner loose sensitivity
over time.
In Melbourne area, whenever I have tuning issues, it always starts with
ABC, then SBS, then Nine  (gets very windy here, and the antenna gets
damaged from the winds from time to time)