[mythtv-users] PCI motherboard, or switch to PCIe/USB/net?

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Mon Sep 1 20:42:37 UTC 2014

Am 01.09.2014, 20:25 Uhr, schrieb <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org>:

> I ended up moving to an Asus P7H55 and it's still running fine. I've
> recently upgraded the discs from 2x2TB WD Caviar Black to 2x4TB WD Red in
> RAID1. The P7H55 isn't available any longer, but
>HTH,
> Alex
Now I am curious, as I have the P7H55D-M EVO (which is a different model than yours, of course - ironically I chose this because it has only 1 PCI slot, in favor of more PCIe :D )

Does your P7H55 run fine?
Is your system configured for automatic shutdown/startup?
Have you ever seen a crash dump in syslog, beginning with "irq 16: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)"?
Does you ethernet initialization takes years at system startup as well, including 2-4 eth up/down toggles until it finally becomes stable?
Do you know the revision of your board?
Finally: did your system ever hang at shutdown with zero activity, no error message anywhere, seeming to just have "forgot" to power off?

If not, either EVO means s. th. like "erroneous vitality operations" or my device simply is broken.

Regards,
Nicolas

--
www.nskcomputing.de