[mythtv-users] inverted fields during playback of BBC America recordings?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Sep 1 16:33:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 10:35 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> I'm having trouble properly playing back recordings of BBC America.

For the record, I've confirmed that this is not a MythTV issue, either
on record or playback, but rather this is how the video is being sent
by Verizon.

There's discussion of the problem on the Verizon forum:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/HD-channels-Jagged-and-stairsteped-edges/td-p/706314

Apparently the problem has existed for several months, affects a
number of channels, and large chunks of the U.S., without a fix in
sight.  Lovely.

Somebody remind me why (near) monopoly status is a good thing?

Eric