[mythtv-users] MythTV needs to listen on 2 ports

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Oct 31 17:36:38 UTC 2014

> On Oct 31, 2014, at 10:44, Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And, since it appears from this thread that security is of utmost importance against those malicious little demons you’re raising, I think that security needs to be kept in mind.

If security is a concern, then you don't need to be running MythTV.  Even assuming there are no bugs in the code and everything is running as it should, the intended design of certain things like the job queue and lack of authentication on the backend interface means that anyone who can access that port can run arbitrary code.