[mythtv-users] Attaining Smooth Video Playback with VDPAU

Greg Grotsky spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 21:56:46 UTC 2014

I got this working (separate video modes...) but still experienced the
judder, push-pull, slow n' go and I think I know why. The TV only supports
refresh rates of 24Hz, 59.9Hz, and 60Hz at a few different resolutions but
the test video I'm trying to play is 25fps, so it doesn't fit nicely with
the standard refresh rates. Many of the shows and movies in my MythVideo
library are oddball framerates from what I've discovered.

I guess I just need to watch standard video formats (recordings) with the
internal player and use mplayer for the mythvideo stuff.