[mythtv-users] Show rescheduled due to watch whilst recording

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 04:03:16 UTC 2014

> On 30 Oct 2014, at 5:33 am, "Robin Gilks" <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>

>>> On Oct 29, 2014, at 8:36 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure it makes any difference but do you start watching by going
>>> to LiveTV or do you go to the recordings screen and play the in-progress
>>> recording?
>>
>> It does make a difference - the bug he's talking about is watching live TV
>> locks the tuner that was going to be used for the subsequent recording.
>> That show then has no place to go and gets rescheduled in an unfavourable
>> way. I think there's another issue where live browsing on to an
>> in-progress recording causes that recording to get moved to the live
>> recording group and expired away quickly.
>>
>> Live TV is a pretty low priority so I doubt any of this will get resolved
>> except as a side effect of some other change but I don't speak for anybody
>> so that's only a guess.
>
> Not using LiveTV - I have been watching the in progress recording from the
> watch recordings screen. I said it was *as though* I had been using
> LiveTV.
>
> Since in the past there have been 'watch in progress recording' issues
> with stuff recorded from an analog tuner (in this case from an STB), I
> guess the bug wasn't entirely squashed.

What was the previous TRAC reference for this one?

Also, what do your log files show when this happens - there should be some info there from the scheduler at least?

To me it does not make sense that watching or not watching an in progress recording should change subsequent recordings, maybe there is something else occurring at the same time? Are you using EIT? Does your guide data update while watching and the end time of the first recording get delayed without the start time of the second recording moving (ie so they then overlap - not sure if that is possible, just putting up suggestions). If it was recent might be able to still check EPG history.