[mythtv-users] RNG110 Set-top Box

Andrew Gideon ag918762 at gideon.org
Thu Oct 30 01:24:57 UTC 2014

> Unless you are in a very obscure special Comcast
> franchise (none known, but never say never), all channels
> that can be recorded over firewire can be recorded
> on MythTV via an OCUR tuner and a CableCARD
> rental.

This is news to me.  If I'm understanding what I've just quickly read
correctly, cablecard devices now work with Linux?  When I last checked
into this, it required some Microsoft something-or-other.  I thought it
had to do with enforcement of copy restrictions, or some such thing.

What's a recommended device that communicates to a MythTV backend via
either USB or Firewire (I prefer external for the ease of swapping
hardware)?

Thanks...

	Andrew