[mythtv-users] Show rescheduled due to watch whilst recording

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Oct 29 19:02:09 UTC 2014

> On Oct 29, 2014, at 8:36 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure it makes any difference but do you start watching by going
>> to LiveTV or do you go to the recordings screen and play the in-progress
>> recording?
>
> It does make a difference - the bug he's talking about is watching live TV
> locks the tuner that was going to be used for the subsequent recording.
> That show then has no place to go and gets rescheduled in an unfavourable
> way. I think there's another issue where live browsing on to an
> in-progress recording causes that recording to get moved to the live
> recording group and expired away quickly.
>
> Live TV is a pretty low priority so I doubt any of this will get resolved
> except as a side effect of some other change but I don't speak for anybody
> so that's only a guess.

Not using LiveTV - I have been watching the in progress recording from the
watch recordings screen. I said it was *as though* I had been using
LiveTV.

Since in the past there have been 'watch in progress recording' issues
with stuff recorded from an analog tuner (in this case from an STB), I
guess the bug wasn't entirely squashed.

--
Robin Gilks