[mythtv-users] Comcast encrypting World Series on FoxHD

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:31:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 8:55 PM, Bob Shanteau <rmshant at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have found that Comcast (Monterey, California) is flipping the copy once
> flag on FoxHD about 5 minutes before the pre-game show starts and flips the
> switch back shortly after the game ends, meaning that I cannot record the
> games on MythTV. I thought that cable companies had to provide local
> broadcast HD channels without restrictions. What's going on?

Well, not exactly.  The rules are complex.  Are you sure that
it is not Fox that is adding in the protection (Fox is known to
be aggressive with their protection of content).

How are you (attempting) to record the content?  OCUR or
analogue hole?  What is the reported values of subscription,
authorization, copy protection, and cgms flags?