[mythtv-users] HD Transcoder to .mkv?

Lucas Christian lucas at lucasec.com
Tue Oct 28 14:22:00 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 11:25 PM, Scott Souter <scott at tbwifi.ca> wrote:

> Lucas,
>
> This link below seems to be broken.  Can you please provide the script via
> pastebin perhaps?  I’d like to give it a shot.

Yes—Anthony had it right.  My apologies for the broken link.
http://static.lucasec.com/mythtv/mythtranscode-h264.sh should be correct.

Remember, this may not work out of the box if your ffmpeg is not compiled
with libfdk_aac, but the command lines should be pretty easy to modify.  If
there's a specific format you're going for, let me know, and I can write up
a guide.  Also, I realized the script also depends on ccextractor, which
may or may not be hard to find on your distro.  It should be possible to
replace that with the built-in mythccextractor, although that tool has a
few differences in usage.