[mythtv-users] Metadata Lookup Errored in Backend Log - On Every Recording.

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 03:59:16 UTC 2014

On 10/27/2014 10:38 PM, Greg Grotsky wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Almost definitely a broken environment set up by your start-stop-daemon
>> script--i.e. missing (or incorrect) HOME or PATH or LC_ALL or PYTHONHOME or
>> PYTHONPATH or ...
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Any idea how to debug this? I don't even know where to start.

The patch I send earlier would dump some of the PYTHON* variables.
I *think* the PATH is OK because the log shows the command runs
OK, it's just the inability to load the MythTV module(s).

Maybe 1st become the user that causes the failure and then simply
type:

     export | egrep "PYTHON|LC_|HOME|PATH"

I'm interested to see if: PYTHONNOUSERSITE gets set that would
prevent the site-packages use.

--
Bill