[mythtv-users] Attaining Smooth Video Playback with VDPAU

Yianni yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:41:58 UTC 2014

> From: spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Attaining Smooth Video Playback with VDPAU

I saw this thread and I decided to revisit the "Use different modes" chapter which I hadn't managed to make to work previously. I tried disabling various settings in xorg.conf (opensuse tumbleweed, nvidia 337.25 driver) and it finally worked when I removed the

Load "vnc"

option.

In my LG TV, the easiest way to check the refresh rate is to press the "OK" button on the tv remote during playback, which reports 1080p 24Hz after the removal (it was 50 or 60 before).
Oh, and the

Option      "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"suggested in the Basic Scenario is no longer applicable for nVidia, at least in my version of the drivers.

Yianni.