[mythtv-users] upgrade to mysql 5.5 breaks frontend

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Mon Oct 27 13:58:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. Do you perchance know of more relevant packages that you have
> to relink by hand? So that I can check them.

Nope.  Ideally these sorts of issues are supposed to be detected
beforehand and communicated via news before an update.  However, this
one was not, and I remember being bitten by a qt-related rebuild like
this before.  I do try to harp on people on the Gentoo side for not
sending news without sounding like a broken record...

One thing I did do is update the mythtv package to EAPI5 and added
slot operator dependencies, so that at least mythtv gets rebuild in
these sorts of situations.  Of course, that isn't going to help if
qtsql breaks.

--
Rich