[mythtv-users] upgrade to mysql 5.5 breaks frontend

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 07:19:03 UTC 2014

Hoi All,

I already upgraded my backend to mysql 5.5 without problems some time
ago. Now my frontends break on the upgrade and I can't seem to find
the solution. They can no longer connect to the database.
I run gentoo and used the opportunity to also upgrade the frontends to
the latest 0.27.4_p20141018. This is not the cause of the breakage. At
the same time there was a perl upgrade to 5.18.2, but that also
doesn't seem to be the cause.

I have two regular frontends which were cloned from each other. They
are both broken on the upgrade. On my regular machine I have it
installed but only use it for job queuing. This one had mariadb
installed so mysql is not present and it works without problem. Even
with all other upgrades.
On my laptop it was still working and I did some testing. Just
updating mysql broke it.
On one of the frontends I replaced mysql with mariadb, but to no
avail.
Even recompiling mythtv to ensure the right bindings, doesn't help.

In the log on starting the frontend I get:
E CoreContext mythdbcon.cpp:114 (OpenDatabase) MSqlDatabase::OpenDatabase(), db object is not valid!

If I start a backend on the broken machines I get a message:
QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QMYSQL3 QMYSQL QODBC3 QODBC

Where do I look?

--
Tot Mails,
 Hika                          mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Mijn Mailadres is gewijzigd. Zie hierboven!

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens