[mythtv-users] Patches that improve mythcommflag accuracy

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Mon Oct 27 05:28:28 UTC 2014

This is a follow up to the "mythcommflag not working" thread back in September:

I think I figured out why commflagging got worse for SD recordings after 0.24 and I think I the solution. I just submitted a ticket with several patches that improved accuracy for a variety of recordings (both SD and HD):
- from 51% to 75% when "Strict commercial detection" is enabled, and
- from 36% to 66% when "Strict commercial detection" is disabled.

If you want the details and/or to try out my fixes and are comfortable compiling mythtv code, please see https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12308. I welcome any feedback.

I will also post to the dev list to follow up on Gary Buhrmaster's remarks about a stash of samples from around the world. If I can get a hold of them, I will test my changes on them.