[mythtv-users] I see major trouble ahead ...

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sun Oct 26 22:40:52 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Saul A. Peebsen <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interestingly enough when I use 0.27_p20140321 ebuild I get MythTV
> Version : 317d5b7. Something seems to be off here?

The git tree is using the export-subst feature to place the commit ID
in the EXPORTED_VERSION file when github creates the source tarball.
Since the downloaded tarball is for the original release version, it
would contain the commit ID corresponding to that version.  The ebuild
then patches it but the patch doesn't touch this file, since it didn't
change in the original repository, so the version still points to the
original release, even though it contains fixes.

Just one of those issues with auto-magic version detection...

--
Rich