[mythtv-users] Playback Scaling Problem with upgrade

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sun Oct 26 19:42:12 UTC 2014

I am testing out an upgrade from 0.21 to 0.27 and am having problems
with the playback scaling.  Before the upgrade, I tested the 0.27
(default) playback, and I remember the scaling working properly (I
didn't have to do anything).

After upgrading my 0.21 DB to 0.27, TV playback does not scale to fill
the screen.  I checked my 0.21 configuration and the 0.27 configuration
and they are the same (they should be, since one is an upgrade of the
other).  Both have the Use GUI size for TV playback checked and the Use
separate playback for GUI unchecked.  The GUI scales properly on both
systems, but the TV playback does not with 0.27.

I did see the individual scaling options and they are set to 0 on both
systems.  It seems that mythtv should just scale the video to match my
display resolution, but it is not for some reason.  Is there some new
configuration option in 0.27 that was not in 0.21 that affects this?

Jay